The history of America is very unusual but respectable. Originating from Europe, America was originally made of convicts, colonists, and peasents. We have come a long way and we should be proud. We new have the highest GDP, military, and arguably the best government.
An American is one who appreciates his culture and country. He takes pride in nationality and does what they can for their country. They have no shame and dislike little about their country.
We are now viewed as living ' The American dream.' We have so many things that others do not. In poverty, our government supports us. We are not unfairly punished and are respected. We have liberty and freedom. Anything is possible in Americana.
We are the melting pot of the world. All religions, nationalities, and races live in unison. Nothing is prohibited in this sense. We have freedom. We are free.
We are not forced to do anything against our will and have liberty.
I really liked how you talked about the "American dream" and how you related it to the rest of your argument. I like how you wrote this!!
ReplyDeleteI disagree with your argument about how Americans came from solely Europe, because I believe they come from all around the world and thats what makes our origins so unusual compared to other countries. Other than that, I like you argument! good writing!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Zoey in that so many different types of people not just from Europe came here to create the nation we have today. Moving on, it wasn't dragged on, just being a short piece of writing, and also quite good.
ReplyDeleteBased on this description of Americans, do you think that most people in America are "true" Americans?
ReplyDeleteI understand what Zoey meant when she said she disagreed that not all Americans originated from Europe, but I also understand that you meant the first settlers, which came from England.
ReplyDelete